The best seats in beer right now.
1. On a bench at Brooklyn’s sprawling Die Koelner Bierhalle, drinking a lusty, roasty Innstadt Extra Schwarze from the list of strictly Reinheitsgebot-brewed beers—that’s barley, hops, yeast and water only.
2. Cozied up in a round leather booth at San Fran’s Lolinda, a warm Argentine steakhouse from the guys behind Italian knockout Beretta. Master Cicerone Rich Higgins curated the 10-beer lineup, smartly including roasted Allagash Black—the perfect choice for pairing with beef off the asador.
3. In the beer garden at Austin’s Bastrop Brewhouse, snacking on Reuben eggrolls and a house Honey White while your kiddos scribble on 53 feet of outdoor chalkboard.
4. Bellied up to a white tablecloth at the Capital’s Brit-esque Mayfair & Pine gastropub, downing cioppino and mini beef Wellingtons. Coolness points for the 11-beer list organized by miles traveled to the restaurant (DC Brau pours make a 7-mile trip!).
5. Watching the palm trees wave at the new Kaua’i Island Brewhouse & Grill (formerly Waimea Brewing), the world’s westernmost brewery.
6. Surrounded by woodwork at Story Tavern in Burbank, Calif., once a turn-of-the-20th-century hardware store. Twenty taps the likes of North Coast and The Bruery wash down worldly tavern chow like meatloaf, mussels and boxtys (Irish potato pancakes).