The best seats in beer this winter.
1. Fighting a bacon coma at One-Eyed Betty’s in suburban Detroit. More than 40 taps and 100 bottles stand up to upscale pub dishes like Pork Belly Poutine and Bacon with a Side of Bacon.
2. Letting your huge sandwich settle over cask ale at the newest location of the beer-centric deli-pub Jerry’s, a 55-tap outpost in Chicago’s Andersonville neighborhood.
3. Pulled up to a high-top, sipping from the eclectic beer list at Liquid Bread Gastropub in San Jose. The locally minded menu’s small but just as varied; don’t miss the crispy sweetbreads.
4. At a picnic-style table outside the vintage-industrial Cottonwood, a gastropub-gone-ubercasual in Houston. Best pairing ever: made-to-order doughnut holes with a pour from one of two casks.
5. In the newly expanded dining room at Austin’s Hopfields. The menu’s bigger, too, with more French-inspired fare befitting the slew of Texas-bent taps.