The best seats in beer right now.
1. Taking Under the Sun’s name literally on the patio of the new upscale Boulder, Colo., restaurant from Mountain Sun Pub, noshing on locally minded eats from the wood-fired oven and sipping from 21 house taps.
2. Licking a post-beer cone at the just-reopened Diamond Knot Craft Brewery; a winter renovation added an ice cream shop and coffee bar to the Mukilteo, Wash., brewpub.
3. Curled up in a wood- paneled corner at the long-awaited Speakeasy Ales & Lagers taproom and food-truck magnet; the dim, vintage-styled spot pours a dozen of its staples and hyperlimited releases.
4. Beneath the dragon-topped weathervane at TV chef Ming Tsai’s Asian gastropub Blue Dragon in Boston; the bar’s pouring craft beer, and the kitchen’s turning out bar food with Eastern tweaks, like Japanese sweet potato chips and Korean wings.
5. At a shaded picnic table in newly opened Steins Beer Garden & Restaurant in Mountain View, Calif. Modern comfort food, like freshly baked pretzles and Breakfast for Dinner (smoked pork belly, poached egg and toast points) accompany 30 globe-spanning taps for a New World take on the classic biergarten.