The best seats in beer this month.
1. Craning your neck to spot the architectural details of Raven & Rose, Portland, Oregon’s new all-star-led gastropub set in an 1883 carriage house. The fresh, upscale food menu’s designed to elevate the classic cocktails and 20 oh-so-Beervana taps.
2. Blowing your blackjack winnings at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill inside Las Vegas’ Caesar’s Palace. The British-gastropub-meets-punk-themed spot pours from 36 taps and 24 bottles, all poised to pair with the celeb chef’s takes on English ale onion soup, fried egg sandwiches and fish ’n’ chips.
3. Browsing the brand-new beer pairing menu at Manhattan’s Czech-flavored Hospoda. Plates like duck confit spread on rye and lentil soup were designed to match the Pilsner Urquell, famously poured four ways.
4. Parked in one of 30 stools at Beer, the new bar/bottle shop next to gourmet sandwich shop Meat Cheese Bread in Portland, Ore. Bring a sandwich from next door to pair with local taps (look for pours from Breakside and The Commons) or more than 100 bottles.
5. Downing a bleary-eyed breakfast at Little Goat Diner, Top Chef Stephanie Izard’s new Chicago spot. The short but really sweet beer list includes pours from Solemn Oath and Perennial, and the all-day breakfast menu oozes creativity (think breakfast spaghetti and clams and Fat Elvis waffles).
6. Bathing in sunlight at Atlanta’s industrial-meets-nautical The Optimist, shooting oysters and sipping craft from coastal breweries like Cisco and Anchor.
Posted on Monday, March 4th, 2013