Heather Sue Mercer, co-owner of Manhattan's Ruby et Violet, whips up this gooey beer-and-pumpkin-seed version of chocolate-chip cookies that will replace your tired old recipe.
Makes: 30 CookiesIngredients:
- 12 ounces Guinness Draught
- 1⁄2 pound unsalted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees with rack in the oven's center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until thoroughly blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on low speed until combined; add beer. Add dry mixture until combined, then add Guinness in small amounts. Mix in seeds and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake about 14 minutes or until golden brown.