Grab an extra espresso at the coffee shop, and bring it home to toss in this no-fail tiramisu. Chef Gaston Alfaro of Californiaâ€™s Half Moon Bay Brewing uses a local brew, but any stout or roasted porter can substitute.
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons KahlÃºa
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brewed espresso
- 1 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1 cup Mavericks Paddle Out Stout
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• Using a food processor or an electric mixer, whip the mascarpone cheese, Kahlúa, sugar, espresso and 1/8 cup of the heavy cream together until well-combined and just thick and fluffy enough to spread. Do not overmix.
• In a separate bowl, whip the sugar, vanilla and remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
• Pour the beer into a shallow dish. Dip 12 ladyfingers into the beer, then arrange flat on the bottom of a 15-by-10-by-2-inch glass baking dish. Spread a layer of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers, then repeat with a second layer of the remaining ladyfingers dipped in beer, and a slightly thicker layer of the mascarpone mixture.
• Top the dessert with a layer of the whipped cream, and dust the top with cocoa powder. Cover and freeze overnight. Cut into squares and serve chilled.