Any staunch Brussels sprouts haters may very well change their minds after one bite of these tender wit-braised sprouts.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 12-ounce bottle witbier
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasion-ally, until the Brussels sprouts begin to brown in spots, about 3 minutes. Stir in the beer, salt and pepper.
2. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes. Uncover and cook until the beer evaporates, about 3 minutes more.