A Belgian-style kriek drives the flavor here, so seek out Lindemans or a similarly sweet cherry lambic and take advantage of its intense cherry essence.
- 1 12-ounce bottle kriek lambic
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 1⁄2 cup quartered pitted fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) cherries
- 1⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the lambic to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, 20 to 25 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
2. Using a sturdy spatula, fold the ice cream, cherries and chocolate chips into the lambic reduction. Freeze until firm.