As grilling season heats up, let that cold pint pull double duty as a delicious beer marinade.
Makes: about 4 servingsIngredients:
- 12 ounces porter or stout beer
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. To make the marinade, stir together all marinade ingredients.
2. Let the steak rest in the marinade in the fridge for at least an hour, or up to 12 hours.
3. Remove the steak from the marinade and dry well. Sprinkle all sides with kosher salt.
4. Grill to medium rare, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Allow to rest for five minutes. Cut against the grain and serve.