This recipe makes more crema than youâll need for six ears of corn: Slather the extra on toasted baguette slices, BLT sandwiches or grilled chicken. Covered and refrigerated, it will last about five days. If you like a little heat, add crushed red pepper with the rest of the ingredients before combining.
Makes: 4-6 servingsIngredients:
- 8 ounces mascarpone, cold
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano, plus more for the table
- 2 tablespoons bock
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 6 ears corn, shucked
1. In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone, Pecorino, bock, basil, vinegar and garlic with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Taste and season the crema with salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prepare the grill and heat it to medium-high.
3. Grill the corn, giving it a quarter turn every 2 minutes or so, until it’s lightly charred on all sides and the kernels are crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes in total. When you start to hear the corn popping, it’s time to check if it needs to be turned. Transfer the cooked corn to a serving platter.
4. Slather each ear of corn with crema as you would with butter. Serve with the remaining crema and extra cheese on the side.