Avocado toast is having a moment, and for good reason: Those delicious little green slices turn into a creamy spread in seconds. Stud crostini with juicy pomegranate seeds, and youâve got an easy snack or an elegant appetizer.
Makes: 4 to 6 servingsIngredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large French baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large, ripe avocados, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup baby arugula
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 2 teaspoons smoked or flaked sea salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
2. Working in batches, toast the baguette slices on both sides, adding additional oil if needed.
3. Remove from heat and move the slices to a plate.
4. Add one to two slices of avocado to each piece of toast, mashing gently with a fork to cover the surface of the bread.
5. Top the avocado with one to three arugula leaves.
6. Press four to five pomegranate seeds into the top of each crostini.
7. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, then sprinkle with sea salt.