Recipe by Pete Janiak
Serves: Serves 8-10
- 1 can of Guinness Draught
- 2 pounds broccoli, steamed and grated
- on box grater
- 11⁄2 pounds cheddar, grated
- 4 shallots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- In a saucepan, cook shallots and garlic in oil until soft and colorless.
- Add mustard, Guinness and 8 ounces of cream, reserving 2 ounces.
- Reduce by half on medium heat.
- Turn heat to low and whisk in 1 pound of cheddar. Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes, then stir in 2 ounces cream, broccoli, 1/2-pound of cheddar and herbs.
- Once incorporated, transfer to Pyrex or microwave dish, cool completely in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, heat in microwave or oven at 350 degrees until hot and bubbling. Let cool slightly before serving with an assorment of dippers.