Recipe by Michael Schulson
- Ribs and Marinade:
- 2 pounds baby-back ribs
- 8 cups Harpoon Munich Dark, divided
- 1 cup plus 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ plus 1⁄4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
• Combine 4 cups beer, ½ cup oyster sauce and ¼ cup hoisin sauce together and whisk thoroughly. Incorporate the sugar and spice powder, then add ribs. Refrigerate at least 24 hours.
• Drain the marinade from the ribs. In a stockpot, combine 1/2 gallon of water, 4 cups of beer and salt to taste, then immerse ribs. Simmer on medium heat until the meat begins to separate from the bone.
• Transfer the ribs into a baking pan. Make the glaze by combining the ketchup, 1 cup oyster sauce, ½ cup hoisin sauce and light brown sugar, and mixing well. Brush ribs with glaze and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, glazing three more times throughout. Serve.