Caterer and Farmington, N.M. firefighter Kipp Rix developed this spicy, cowboy-style ribeye. An occasional homebrewer, Rix sometimes soaks his steak in his own Irish red ale, but for big crowds, he depends on the grassy hops and caramel sweetness of Redhook ESB.
- 6 8- to 10-ounce boneless ribeye steaks
- 6 bottles Redhook ESB
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
• Combine the beer and steaks in an airtight container; seal and marinate, refrigerated, for 24 hours. In a separate airtight container, combine the remaining ingredients, seal and set aside.
• An hour before cooking, remove the steaks from the beer and season both sides liberally with the seasoning blend. Allow seasoned steaks to rest 1 hour; meanwhile, preheat a grill to high.
• Grill steaks, about 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Serve with summer vegetables and extra-hot horseradish.