In "The Seven Stars Cookbook," author Jon Schlimm and chef Phil Klinkenberg divulge the easy recipe for the peel-and-eat shrimp Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.
Makes: 8 to 10Ingredients:
- 6 bottles Land Shark Lager
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup Old Bay seasoning
- 12 lemons, halved
- 3½ pounds medium shrimp in the shell (preferably Key West pink shrimp)
• Fill a large pan halfway with ice and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the beer, salt and Old Bay seasoning. Squeeze the lemons into the pan, then add the squeezed lemon halves. Bring the beer mixture to a boil.
• When boiling, add the shrimp and cook 1 minute. Turn off the heat and let the shrimp steep 3 minutes.
• Drain the shrimp and empty them onto the ice; let cool, then drain again. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. Serve with cocktail sauce.