With guacamole now threatening to dethrone ranch dressing as the king of party dips, chef Rick Bayless (the brains behind the burners at Chicago's Frontera Grill) takes a stab at a version that brew enthusiasts will doubly appreciate.
- 2 ripe large avocados
- 1⁄3 cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1⁄2 cup Bohemia beer
- 1⁄4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- Tortilla chips
1. Cut the avocados in half by rotating the knife all the way around the pit. Twist the two halves apart, then scoop out the pits. With a spoon, scoop the pulp into a large bowl. Coarsely mash the avocado with the spoon or a potato masher. Stir in the salsa, cilantro and salt to taste.
2. Mix the sun-dried tomatoes with the beer and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand until tomatoes are softened. Strain off and discard the beer, and coarsely chop the tomatoes. Stir the tomatoes and red peppers into the guacamole, and season with salt.
3. Divide the guacamole equally among three serving bowls, and serve with tortilla chips.