These lightly-glazed almonds make a great gift, though we're partial to them when they're still warm from the oven. A raisiny old ale makes for a boozy yet balanced pairing.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 4 cups whole, raw almonds
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
• Lightly beat the egg white; add the water, and whisk briskly until frothy but not stiff. Add the nuts, and stir until well-coated.
• In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt,
and cinnamon; sprinkle over the nuts and
toss to coat.
• Spread the nuts evenly on the prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm, or let cool and store in an airtight container.