You'll never go back to store-bought after making these sweet snacks. We munch on 'em with lemony witbiers.
- 4 cups raw Spanish peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup superfine or baking sugar
• Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
• In a small saucepot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the honey, vanilla and 1 teaspoon salt, and stir until combined.
• In a large bowl, combine the nuts and honey-butter mixture. Toss to thoroughly coat the nuts.
• Spread the nuts onto the baking sheet, and bake 20-25 minutes or until browned, stirring every 5 minutes.
• Remove the nuts from the oven, stir and sprinkle generously and evenly with the sugar and remaining salt, shaking the pan as you go to coat the nuts completely. Let cool, then stir once more, breaking up any large chunks. Store in an airtight container.