Dip your chip in this drunken guac from celeb chef Rick Bayless.
Makes: makes 2.5 cupsIngredients:
- 2 ripe large avocados
- 1⁄3 cup Frontera Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- ½ cup Bohemia beer
- ¼ cup diced roasted red peppers
· Cut the avocados in half by rotating the knife all the way around the pit; twist the two halves apart, then scoop out the pits. Using a spoon, scoop the pulp into a large bowl, and coarsely mash with the spoon or a potato masher. Stir in the tomatillo salsa, cilantro and salt to taste. Divide equally among three serving bowls.
· In a small bowl, mix the sun-dried tomatoes with beer and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand until tomatoes are softened. Strain off the beer (discard any beer that hasn't been soaked up), and coarsely chop the tomatoes. Stir the tomatoes and red peppers into the guacamole, and season with salt. Serve with tortilla chips.