Wyoming chef Roger Freedman stirs a local porter into his creamy onion dip. Grab a bag of chips (or fry up your own) and dig in.
Makes: Serves 4Ingredients:
- 1 12–ounce bottle Zonker Stout
- 3 yellow onions, finely diced
- 11⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, caramelize onions in butter for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic and thyme, cook for 1 minute. Add beer, cook until reduced by 90 percent.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.