IPA-simmered chicken melts with hot sauce for an addictive dip thatâ€™s more portable (and pleasantly gooier) than Buffalo wings.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces IPA
- 1 cup water
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup Frankâ€™s hot sauce
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- tortilla chips, celery sticks and carrot sticks for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bring the chicken, beer and water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, turning once or twice, until the chicken is just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let cool. When cool enough to handle, dice the chicken.
3. Clean the pot. Melt the cream cheese over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Stir in the diced chicken, celery, onion and hot sauce.
4. Spread the mixture in a pie plate and sprinkle with the blue cheese. Bake until the dip is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve with the chips and vegetables.
MAKE AHEAD: Cook the chicken and prep the other ingredients beforehand; combine them all in a saucepan on the grill and cook, stirring often, until heated through.