Pro tailgater Jeff Dockeray's favorite recipe is this pan-grilled shrimp in pale ale sauce.
- 3 to 4 pounds shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 French or Italian baguettes
- 2 cups butter
- 6 ounces Mill Street Brewery Tankhouse Ale
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Spanish Onion
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons spice (any combination of 2 parts garlic, smoked paprika, sea salt, black pepper, and 1 part chili powder and onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Season shrimp with 1 tablespoon of spice; set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a large, deep skillet or cast iron pan.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add beer, Worcestershire sauce, remainder of spice, lemon zest, and juice, and stir.
- Add shrimp to mixture and cook 3 to 4 minutes, flipping shrimp once, until shrimp are pink and sauce thickens. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of butter and shake pan until butter is fully melted and blended with the mixture. Add shrimp back to pan.
- Serve hot from pan with sliced baguettes.