A few simple twists elevate the deviled egg from â€™70s party staple to classic app.
Makes: makes 24 piecesIngredients:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
1. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a separate bowl, and arrange the whites on a serving plate.
2. To the yolks, add the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper (to taste); use a fork to mash together until combined.
3. For a casual presentation, spoon a scoop of the yolk mixture into the egg white; for a prettier look, use a pastry bag to shape the mixture into the whites. Garnish each egg with a dusting of paprika.