Use this mop sauce to moisten Texas-style brisketâ€”then swipe it over everything else on your grill. Have a little extra? Boil the mop down to a sauce to serve alongside the meat.
Makes: makes about 1 2⁄3 cupIngredients:
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 12-ounce bottle coffee porter
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook 15 seconds. Add the vinegar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle and salt. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the beer, bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Let cool.