Makes: 4 servingsIngredients:
- 1 package wooden skewers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup porter
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallots (about 1 medium shallot)
- oil for the grill
- chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Mince or grate the garlic with a microplane. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, honey, porter, Sriracha and soy sauce. Add the chicken cubes; toss to coat. Cover and refridgerate, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. Remove the chicken from marinade, reserving the liquid. Thread the chicken cubes onto wooden skewers.
3. In a pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and shallots. Sauté until shallots have softened, about 5 minutes. Add the marinade and boil, stirring frequently, until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Brush the grill lightly with oil.
5. Brush the chicken with the glaze, place on the grill. Turn every 2 to 4 minutes until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
While you’re cooking...polish off the rest of that porter, or pair the skewer’s Sriracha spice with a chili beer.