This beautiful flatbread looks impressive, but is dead simple to make.
Makes: 1 flatbread (8 slices)Ingredients:
- 12 oz. raspberry beer
- 1 6-oz. package fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 7- to 8-oz. flatbread
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup zucchini ribbons
- ¼ cup shredded fresh basil
1. In a medium saucepan, combine beer, raspberries and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes, mashing the raspberries until reduced to about ½ cup. Watch closely at the end to prevent burning. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. (Some seeds will go through the sieve; that’s OK.) Set aside.
2. Preheat broiler.
3. Place flatbread on a large baking sheet. Brush with half the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the flatbread and brush with the remaining oil. Broil until browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.