Chef Donald Link, a James Beard Award winner and the man behind NOLA's Herbsaint, spices up steamed mussels with peppers and a bit of Bohemia.
- 1 pound mussels (approximately 24 pieces)
- 5 ounces Bohemia Beer
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, diced small
- 2 jalapenos, diced small
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons aioli
- 1 tablespoon garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1⁄2 a lime
- salt and pepper
- In a hot saute pan, cook garlic, shallot, and jalapeno in olive oil until soft, approximately 1 minute.
- Add beer, tomato, and mussels and cook until mussels open.
- Finish with aioli, lime juice, and cilantro before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.