Currently on the menu in beerless form at CafÃ© DâAlsace, this simple pancake recipe can be replicated at home. Chef Philippe Roussel chose French import La Choulette Blonde to add to the batter but advises, âItâs a question of taste, but also of what you can findâ¦any blonde beer would be nice.â
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced and carmelized
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1â2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup La Choulette Blonde
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
• In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
• Beat eggs and add to mixture. Gradually add milk and beer and stir until smooth.
• Add butter and apples, then pour pancake-size dollops onto a hot frying pan greased with butter. Cook thoroughly and serve.