Abita Amber beers up this NOLA-style black-eyed-pea dressing, created by Cochon Restaurant co-owner and chef Stephen Stryjewski and best served over greens alongside his Andouille sausage that features the same beer.
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 cups black-eyed peas
- 3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 4 anchovy filets
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Banyuls vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Abita Amber
- 1⁄4 cup rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
• Using a mortar and pestle, crush rosemary, garlic and anchovies into a rough paste.
• Add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of Abita Amber.
• Slowly add olive oil, butter, vinegar and pepper to taste.
• Adjust the consistency and flavor with remaining beer and toss black-eyed peas with the vinaigrette.
• Serve over your choice of greens.
TRY IT WITH: Fresh greens and Andouille Sausage