Atlanta chef Bryan Hume is known for serving up fresh Indochine fare with a twist, and his recipe for Prince Edward Island mussels is no exception. ‚ÄúThe reason I like [this dish] so much is that when you cook it down, the Sapporo brings a natural sweetness that goes well with the ginger and lemongrass,‚ÄĚ he says. ‚ÄúThere aren‚Äôt any hard cooking techniques involved, and it‚Äôs really delicious.‚ÄĚ
- 1 pound Prince Edward Island mussels
- 6 ounces Sapporo
- 1‚ĀĄ4 cup garlic, minced
- 1‚ĀĄ4 cup ginger, julienned
- 1‚ĀĄ4 cup lemongrass, minced
- 1‚ĀĄ4 cup jalape√Īos, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
• Sauté lemongrass, garlic and ginger for 45 seconds. Add mussels and Sapporo; toss.
• Cover for 2 minutes until mussels open. Discard unopened mussels.
• Add jalapeños and butter, toss and plate.