Diana Coutu turned to the bottle while whipping up a pizza recipe for Canadian Pizza Magazine‚Äôs ‚ÄúChef of the Year‚ÄĚ competition in 2004. Today, Coutu‚Äôs Moosehead Lager dough is a staple for her award-winning pizzas, which she whips up at Diana‚Äôs Gourmet Pizzeria in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Use the dough in your own pizza creations, or try Coutu‚Äôs Ultimate Pepperoni pie.
Makes: 2 pizzasIngredients:
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose white flour
- 3‚ĀĄ4 cup lukewarm water
- 1‚ĀĄ3 cup Moosehead Lager
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 grams Fleischmann‚Äôs active dry yeast
• Combine water and beer. Using a whisk,dissolve sugar and salt in the mixture.
• Add yeast and whisk until dissolved.
• Add flour and mix on low speed for 3 minutes.
• Add oil and mix on low speed for another 3 minutes, then on high speed for 2 minutes.
• Separate dough into two 13-ounce patties (for 12-inch pizzas). Roll dough into balls, being careful not to overwork the dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight for proofing.
TRY IT WITH: Ultimate Pepperoni Pizza