Diana Coutu turned to the bottle while whipping up a pizza recipe for Canadian Pizza Magazineâ€™s â€śChef of the Yearâ€ť competition in 2004. Today, Coutuâ€™s Moosehead Lager dough is a staple for her award-winning pizzas, which she whips up at Dianaâ€™s Gourmet Pizzeria in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Ultimate Pepperoni is a local favorite and winner of â€śCanadaâ€™s Best Pizzaâ€ť at the 2007 Pizza Olympic Games held in Italy.
Makes: 2 pizzasIngredients:
- 1 13-ounce Moosehead Lager pizza dough patty
- 4 ounces thick, low-sodium marinara sauce
- 7 ounces dry-cured pepperoni
- 4 ounces low-fat mozzarella
- 4 ounces garlic chive Havarti
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
• Hand-slap out one dough patty (try Coutu's Moosehead Lager dough) onto a 12-inch pizza screen.
• Spread marinara sauce evenly on dough. Generously top with cheeses. Layer pepperoni, overlapping each slice by a quarter-inch.
• Bake pizza on cookie sheet 7 to 10 minutes at 450 degrees, rotating pizza 180 degrees halfway through cooking.
• Grate fresh parmesan liberally over pizza and serve.