For this dip, chef Akira Backâ€”the man behind Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant & Bar inside the Las Vegasâ€™ Bellagioâ€”combines modern and traditional Japanese ingredients with local flavors from Vegas-based Big Dogâ€™s Brewing Co. If youâ€™re light on things to dip, he suggests his beer-battered cod tempura.
Makes: 3⁄4 cupIngredients:
- 5 tablespoons Big Dogâ€™s Black Lab Stout
- 5 tablespoons tartar sauce
- 1 tablespoon ume paste
- 4 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon shiso leaves, minced
• Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Serve with your favorite fish-fry, dippers or Beer-Battered Cod Tempura.