At San Fran eatery Straits, chef Chris Yeo presents a colorful, exotic marriage of Thai, Indian, Chinese and Malay cuisine to adventurous patrons. Here, he shares his microwaveable Origami Seabass, made especially for DRAFT with a twist of Tiger Beer.
- Origami Seabass:
- 1 6-ounce Chilean seabass fillet
- 1⁄2 cup origami sauce
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, julienned
- 2 tablespoons dried longan
- 2 tablespoons wolfberry
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, julienned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Origami Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Tiger Beer
- 2 tablespoons Three Crabs brand fish sauce
- 11⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
• Place the seabass in a preassembled parchment paper box (available at Asian markets).
• Place the peppers, mushrooms, ginger, longan, wolfberries, sesame oil, salt and pepper directly on top of the fish, in that order.
• To make the origami sauce, combine all ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour the sauce over the seabass stack.
• Affix the top of the parchment box, microwave on high 4 minutes, and serve.