Recipe by Craig Deihl
- 2 pork chops 11/2 inches thick (about 2 pounds)
- 11/2 pounds sauerkraut, drained
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- 12 ounces slab bacon
- 4 links bratwurst (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 12-ounce bottle Yuengling Lager
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 11/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 11/2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 4 fresh bay leaves
• Preheat an oven to 325 degrees. In a roasting pan, combine the sauerkraut, potatoes, mustard, salt, pepper, caraway seed, bay leaves and beer, and mix well. Add the bacon, bratwurst and pork chops to the roasting pan, and toss with the sauerkraut mixture. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour.
• Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
• Remove the bacon, bratwurst and pork chops from the sauerkraut and cut into bite-size pieces. Toss the celery and parsley with the sauerkraut and potatoes. Place the bites of bacon, bratwurst and pork chops on top of the sauerkraut and serve.