Recipe by Stephen Herman
- 1 pound fresh okra, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 links andouille sausage, diced medium
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 4 slices white bread, cubed and toasted in a warm oven
- 12 ounces Abita Amber
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper
• Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, beer and cream; set aside.
• In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the andouille and onions until the onions begin to caramelize; remove to a large bowl and reserve. In the same pan, quickly sauté the okra, 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the okra and the toasted bread cubes to the andouille and toss. Add the egg mixture; toss to coat the bread, sausage and vegetables well. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish, bake for 25 minutes and serve.