- 12 ounces pale ale
- 1 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ounce brandy or dark rum
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
1. Heat 4 ounces of the ale with the lemon juice, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, vigorously beat the brandy or rum with the egg yolk. Add the beer mixture and whisk thoroughly to combine. Transfer to a large glass or beer mug and top with the remaining ale, stir well and serve.