Recipe by Carolyn Malcoun
Serves: makes 1 pie, about 8 servings
- 1 cup Berliner weisse
- 2 cups orange sherbet, softened
- 1 cup vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
1. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the beer to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, 10 to 12 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and let cool completely.
2. Using a sturdy spatula, fold the sherbet and ice cream into the cooled beer. Stir together until the beer is completely incorporated, but the sherbet and ice cream remain “swirled.”
3. Spread into the crust and freeze until completely firm.