Recipe by Brian Adornetto
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 pound Camembert, diced into small cubes and softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, diced into small cubes and softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, diced into small
- cubes and softened
- 1/3 cup finely minced red onion
- ¼ cup German Helles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway
- salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 2 thinly sliced radishes, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- large, hearty pretzels,
- pumpernickel, rye or country bread
1. In a food processor, blend the Camembert, cream cheese, butter, onion, beer, garlic powder, paprika and caraway until relatively smooth with tiny bits of Camembert rind scattered throughout. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Transfer the spread to a bowl or individual ramekins, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours until firm but still spreadable.
3. Top with sliced radishes and sprinkle with chives. Serve with additional radishes, hearty pretzels and any combination of sliced pumpernickel, rye or country bread.