Recipe by Jackie Dodd
Serves: Makes 4 (16 oz) jars
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher or pickling salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 24 ounces IPA
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 5-10 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 pounds pickling cucumbers
1. In a pot over medium-high heat, add the vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seeds and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, stirring just until the sugar and salt dissolve; remove from heat.
2. Stir in the beer and ice. Allow the brine to sit until it cools to room temperature.
3. Add the cucumbers in even batches to airtight containers like 16-ounce canning jars; add a few sprigs of dill.
4. Pour the cooled brine over the cucumbers, making sure all slices are submerged. Chill for at least 24 hours prior to serving. Keep chilled or can properly for shelf storage.