Recipe by Brian Adornetto
Serves: 4-6 servings as an appetizer
- 11/4 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup golden lager
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 11/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated if necessary
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lager, vinegar, herbs, garlic and onion until well-combined. Slowly pour in the oil, whisking constantly.
2. Place the wings in a re- sealable plastic bag and top with 2 cups of the marinade. Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Place the wings in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 4 hours, turning the bag once. Reserve the remaining cup of marinade unrefrigerated.
3. Prepare the grill and heat it to medium-high, leaving a small, unheated space on one side of the grill so there is a place to move the food if are-ups occur or the wings brown too fast.
4. Remove the wings from the marinade and pat dry. Discard the bag with the used marinade and season the wings with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings on the hot side of the grill and cook through, about 7 to 12 minutes per side, moving them to the unheated part of the grill in case of are-ups or fast browning.
5. Transfer the wings to a serving platter, pour the reserved marinade over them and serve.