Recipe by Jackie Dodd
Serves: 2 to 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon IPA
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. In a large pot with a lid, heat the canola oil, salt and three popcorn kernels.
2. Once the popcorn starts to pop, remove from heat, add the remaining popcorn and replace the lid tightly on the pot. Wait 30 seconds and place the pot back onto the heat.
3. Popcorn should start popping immediately. Shake the pan back and forth a few times during cooking. Cook until the popping stops and there are several seconds between pops.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Return the pot to heat and combine remaining ingredients, cooking until the butter has melted and is well-combined with the beer and brown sugar.
6. Slowly pour butter onto popcorn, tossing gently.
7. Serve immediately.