Recipe by Christian Balbierer
Serves: 24 Cookies
- Holiday Guinness Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1 cup quick oats, dry
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, sweetened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Guinness Extra Stout
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Cranberry Glaze:
- 16 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
Holiday Guinness Cookies Mixture:
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- Sift together both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine pecans, oats, dried cranberries and coconut. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, cream butter, grated ginger and sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, molasses and Guinness. Add sifted dry ingredients and oat mixture, mixing until just combined. Scrape bowl and paddle well.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Bake at 340 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes until done. Let cool.
- Heat 1/4 cup of cranberry sauce until warm but not hot. Add 1 cup powdered sugar. Stir to combine. Add remaining powdered sugar in quarter-cup intervals until desired consistency is achieved.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.