Recipe by Anthony Walton
- Beer-batter Baked Potatoes:
- 4 large potatoes
- 11⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 4 cups corn oil (for frying)
- 1 bottle Blue Point Pale Ale
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- malt vinegar to taste
- Bacon Scramble:
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 pieces crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- 11⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- black pepper to taste
Beer Batter Baked Potatoes:
• Separate egg white and set aside. Blend yolk, flour, ale, salt and pepper with a mixer. Beat egg white until stiff and fold into batter. Let stand 1 hour.
• Bake potatoes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until tender and let cool. When cool, slice potatoes into discs.
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large stockpot on high heat, add corn oil.
• Dip the sliced potatoes in beer batter, roll in corn flakes and deep-fry until golden brown.
• Lay potatoes on a cooling rack and bake 5 to 8 minutes.
• Melt butter and oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add shallot and stir until soft.
• Add the eggs and gently stir with a wooden spoon. When eggs are nearly cooked through, add chopped bacon and black pepper to taste.
• Combine eggs and potatoes on a plate and season with malt vinegar to taste.