Recipe by Martha Stamps
Serves: 1 loaf
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 ounces Yazoo Dos Perros
• Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cheddar in a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in beer and mix until just combined (batter will be thick).
• Spread mix in a greased 8-inch loaf pan. Bake until brown and hollow-sounding when thumped, about 45 minutes.
• Let cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes.
• Slice bread 1/2-inch thick; grill or toast when making this sandwich.