Recipe by Mark Estee
- 2 pounds all-natural pork loin
- 2 cans Buckbean Black Noddy Lager
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 apple, diced medium
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
• Place the pork in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients (leaving the tea bag intact) until sugar and salt are dissolved, then pour over the pork to brine the meat. Refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
• Preheat an oven to 350°. Remove the pork from the brine and place in a nonstick roasting pan. Roast the loin in the oven until it reaches 145° internally, about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove and let rest about 10 minutes before serving.
• Serve with a fresh green salad or a helping of potato salad.